ACT I members pay $150 per year for a business and $50 per year for a non-profit. This yearly membership fee pays for 12 months of membership meetings usually including breakfast or lunch. A full page ad in the ACT I Membership Directory, and the option to advertise your businesses’ events through our extensive database.
ACT I funding is received through membership dues, private donations and special events. Because we have no paid staff and very low overhead, all the money raised after expenses goes to our scholarship fund and community events.
Please fill out the form below and then click on the appropriate donation button below the form to make your donation via PayPal.
The Scholarship Program
The ACT I Annual Scholarship Program recognizes and awards several local individuals who are actively working towards gaining or furthering their education and skill-set in working with and for the elderly of our community. In doing so, ACT I is actively contributing to the preparation of the next generation individuals who will be providing services to local seniors. Therefore, it is not just students who benefit from ACT I’s scholarship program, but the community at large. Not only do the businesses employing these individuals benefit from the continued education and training these students are receiving, but more importantly, our local aging and disabled population are also receiving better care and services – and for years to come.
The mission of ACT I is to enhance and dignify the quality of life for the culturally diverse aging and disabled population here in the Coachella Valley. This is accomplished not only through the cooperation, promotion and partnership of our member organizations, but also by supporting the education of individuals pursuing degrees and careers in the health and elder care fields.
ACT I is a non-profit, 501 (c)3 organization
What Is ACT I ?
ACT I is a 501 (c)3 non-profit organization that was founded in 1996, with a three-fold purpose.
• To enhance the caliber of services for seniors and the disabled in the Coachella Valley.
• To facilitate and encourage the collaboration of area businesses and organizations serving the senior population.
• To promote and support the education and professional development of individuals pursuing careers in the health and elder care filed.
• To identify and advocate for service needs
• To recognize and utilize existing member service providers
• To develop new businesses and services for seniors and the disabled
• To encourage cooperation and the development of professional relationships between members and throughout the community
• To support education and professional development in the fields of health and elder care
• To attract new members by establishing and maintaining standards of quality and opportunities for collaboration
• To provide the community with single resource to research and contact quality senior service providers in the Coachella Valley.
Board meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month. Times and locations vary. Please contact President@actIcv.org for information. Board meetings are open to all ACT I members.
Membership meetings/mixers are held on the third Thursday of each month and may be a breakfast, lunch or cocktail event. Check the ACT I calendar for more information.
ACT I funding is received through private donations, membership dues and special events. Because we have no paid staff and very low overhead, all the money raised after expenses goes to our scholarship fund and community events.
ACT I members pay $150 per year for a business and $50 per year for a non-profit. This yearly membership fee pays for 12 months of membership meetings. A full page ad in the ACT I Membership Online Directory, and the option to advertise your businesses’ non-profit events through our extensive database.